Schedule and Safety Tips for Trick or Treating in Blossburg
Welcome to our very first edition of IT’S THE POLICE with Blossburg Police Chief Josh McCurdy. On today’s broadcast, Home Page Correspondent Mataya Nickerson talks with the Chief about Halloween dates and safety.
Trick or Treating will take place in Blossburg this year on Wednesday, October 31st. Main Street will be shut down from approximately 5:00 PM to 5:20 PM for a special parade. The parade will begin at the old fire hall on Hannibal Street and end with a contest for best costumes in different age categories. Trick or Treating fun begins at 6:00 PM and will go to 8:00 PM.
During the second half of today’s feature Chief McCurdy goes over many essential safety tips. It would be wise to watch today’s program with your children before the event takes place to help get the entire family on the same page. Kids respond so much better to safety suggestions when they understand the big picture.
* Here are some of the Cheif’s suggestions for Trick or Treat safety.
* Wear bright or reflective costumes.
* Use sidewalks whenever possible.
* Always report suspicious activity or candy.
* Mom and Dad, please remember to inspect all fruit and candy carefully.
* Drivers be patient especially in congested areas watching out for children darting into the street.
* Park in a safe area and then walk to the event if possible.
* Stay in groups while trick or treating.
* Only go to houses with lights on.
* Avoid shortcuts through alleys and backyards.
Chief McCurdy closed today’s broadcast by reminding any participants planning on making trouble or causing mischief that there will be police officers in costume on the street keeping a close watch on the Blossburg community.
From all of us here at The Home Page Network, have fun and be safe.
Idea/Concept: Chief McCurdy
Videography: Ethan Chabala
Video Editing: Ethan Chabala
Writing: John Vogt
Correspondent: Mataya Nickerson
Produced by Vogt Media
Funded by First Citizens Community Bank, Matthews Motor Company